Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 3, 2004

I feel my English hasn't improved.... 

Related Link:

Q: Dear Ai, I have been in Vancouver for 3 months and I feel my English has not improved. I go to the library every day, even weekends. I am planning to go back to Japan before the summer. What should I do to improve English quickly? -Miyuki, Vancouver

A: Hi, Miyuki, I assume you spend most of your time studying grammar, reading and writing at the library. Generally, Asian students know English grammar and can read English, but the problem is there is no connection between the brain and tongue. If you make the effort to speak English, you can connect what is already in your brain to the part of the brain you use for speaking a second language. A good way to make friends and practice your English is to attend local activities or do volunteer work. This will help your brain decide which sentence to use in a situation. Use this opportunity of living in an English-speaking country to speak as often as you can; you can save the studying for the library in Japan!

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments:
This is a really good interpret for me. Must have the same opinion that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful article.

Custom PhD Thesis Writing Service
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com