Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Why should I use a English-English dictionary?? 

Related Link:

"Dear Ai, I have been in Vancouver 6 months and my teacher told me to use an English-English dictionary, not a Japanese-English dictionary. I feel more comfortable and memorize the vocabulary better if I know the meaning in Japanese. Why should I use a English-English dictionary?" -Mari, Japan

"Hi Mari, when you translate words from English to Japanese, your mind switches to Japanese. This is not a very good way to improve your English. Translating words means you are still thinking and memorizing words in Japanese. Unless you are going to be an interpreter or translator, you do not need to know the Japanese meaning. Many English words sometimes do not have meanings in Japanese at all. Speak English, dream in English and make English speaking friends! There are the best ways to learn English."

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments:
I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your blog and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here.

Term papers
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com