Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I would like to meet other Asians about interesting topics.. 

Related Link:

"Dear Ai,
I live in Washington and am interested in talking and meeting other Asians about interesting topics. I live across the water and the city is more interesting than Port Angeles. I was on a surf trip with my American friends and saw your article in the Province. " George – USA

Hi George,
Thank you for your message. I am glad to hear that my article was read internationally! I once visited Washington in the Fall. I was amazed to see so many trees change their colours compared to Vancouver.

In Vancouver, we have many "language exchange" classes. International students teach you their language (for example, Japanese students will teach you Japanese) and you will teach English to them. It is usually a small class and a very casual style. Many students are in their 20-30s and if you are their age group, you might have lots of things in common. This might be a good way to meet interesting people!

If there is no language exchange classes in your city, you can make your own website and discuss online. This might be a long process, but once you create an interesting site, people will visit your website from anywhere.

Good luck in your search!

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com