Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do you know where I can buy some Japanese food?? 

Related Link:

"Dear Ai,
I am a new homestay mother. I am accepting a Japanese girl from August 1st for 4 months. I am not sure what she eats, but I would like to prepare some Japanese food for her. Do you know where I can buy it?" Mary – Vancouver

"Hi Mary. Thank you for your e-mail. I am pleased to hear that you are looking forward to welcoming your first homestay student. I am happy to share my favourite Asian grocery store information with you.


Fujiya is an excellent Japanese grocery store which has three locations in Vancouver. The one I go to the most is at 912 Clark Drive. You can buy sushi, lunch boxes, snacks, spices and Japanese magazines. Visit their website, there are maps and pictures of the store.

T & T is a popular and reasonable Asian grocery store. They are not focusing on Japanese food, but they have a wide range of Asian food. T & T has various locations and I bet you can find one close to your house.

Chinatown 179 Keefer Place (near Stadium Skytrain Station), Vancouver
1st Avenue Store 100-2800 E. 1st Avenue, Vancouver
Metrotown Store 147-4800 Kingsway, Burnaby
Richmond Store 1000-8181 Cambie Road, Richmond
Osaka Store 1000-3700 No. 3 Road, Richmond

H Mart Supermarket is a Korean grocery store (part of the U.S based Han Ah Reum chain). In Vancouver, there is a Coquitlam location and they just have opened a new branch at the corner of Seymour and Robson Streets. - 590 Robson Street

Food is one of the difficult cultural adjustments for international students. I am sure that your student will be happy to have you as her Canadian family.

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com