Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Could you help me on my visa issue?? 

Related Link:

“Dear Ai,
I am currently studying in Canada and my visa will expire in two months. I’d like to extend it for another three months, so I can keep continuing my study. I don’t know how I can do that. I asked my classmates and teachers about it, but they all tell me different things. I am confused. Could you help me on this?” Vicky – Taiwan


Hi Vicky, thank you for your message. I would like to make it clear that I am not an expert on visa issues. I also don’t know about your past and current visa situations. However, I do know where you can get correct information about visas in Canada.

First, go to the Canadian Immigration website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

In the middle of the site, you will find “How do I…” then you can scroll to “Study in Canada.” I believe number 10 (renew my study permit while I am in Canada?) of the list would apply to your case. As I said earlier, this information is general information. Your classmates told you different things about extending their visas, because they might be coming from different countries. Individuals are treated as case by case, so do not believe or trust completely the information your classmates told you.

If you get basic information from the above website and your questions are still not answered, then contact CIC Centre. The number is 1 888 242-2100 (in Canada only). Be sure to write down what you are going to ask before calling. It is easier for you to focus on your questions and you won’t forget to ask important questions. I have called them in the past and have found that CIC Centre agents are very helpful and patient.

A Visa is a very important issue and should not be delayed or neglected.

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com