Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 4, 2006

Do you have any Vegetarian cookbook recommendations?? 

Related Link:

“Dear Ai,
I had become vegetarian recently. When I was living with my vegetarian homestay family, my meals were prepared, so I didn’t need to cook. Now I am living by myself and I don’t know how to cook vegetarian food. Do you have any book recommendations??”-Vivian originally from Korea


Hi Vivian,
Thank you for your question. My fiancé used to be a vegan (Someone who omits all animal products from their diet and lifestyle) and now he is a vegetarian. I understand your frustration of cooking without meat!! Most of Japanese/Korean food is...based on meat and fish. If you were brought up in a non-vegetarian family or explored a variety of cooking, it will probably be hard for you to figure it out. I can give you some suggestions through my experience.

Visit restaurants to see if they have “veg” options. Explore and expand your cooking to Indian (curry dishes, chickpeas, cauliflower), some African, Ethiopian or Middle Eastern food (falafel). You can take cooking classes at a local community centre.

My favourite cooking books are as follows:

“How It All Vegan”, “The Garden of Vegan”, “La Dolce Vegan” by Sarah Kramer

http://www.govegan.net/

“The Vegetarian Manifesto” by Jay Fothergill

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments:
Thanks for mentioning the books!
I'm so thrilled to hear you enjoy them.
xoxo
SARAH

www.GoVegan.net
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com