Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Do you know or have any good teaching resources?? 

Related Link:

"Dear Ai,
I’d just finished a TEFL course and was hired to be a new ESL teacher in Vancouver. My school is not a typical ESL school. It is a “conversation school.” The good thing about a conversation school is the small class size. It’s less structured and I can teach conversation rather than grammar. Because of this, we don’t have curriculum and I have to make my own lesson plans. This is very challenging for me. I am looking for interesting teaching materials for my students, but so far I haven’t found any. Do you know or have any good teaching resources?" Tania, Vancouver



Congratulations on finishing your TEFL course!! I know you did a lot of work to finish it. Now you are qualified and you can teach anywhere. I found that students are always appreciative of their trained teachers.

There are some teaching resources online. Most of them are categorized by age group or English levels (beginner to advance). You can easily find them by Googling. Dave’s ESL Café is always a good place to meet creative teachers. I also have my own lesson plans. However, I need to upload them to my website and it takes some time. I will let you know as soon as it becomes available.

A friend of mine, Jonathon Narvey has excellent teaching materials. He published his first book, “The Vancouver ESL Guide & Workbook.” This book is not just an English grammar book. Jonathon combined learning English and sightseeing in one book (genius!!) This book will guide you to the tourists’ spots, like Stanley Park, Gastown and the Vancouver Aquarium. Meanwhile your students can learn practical English through his CD (which comes with his book!), including idioms and common expressions. For more information, please visit Jonathon's website, Jonathon Narvey's ESL Centre.

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments: Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com