Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 3, 2006

My homestay student would like to visit US this Christmas... 

Related Link:

“Dear Ai,
I was asked by my student about his US visa. He would like to go to the US this Christmas with his friends. He can stay in Canada for six more months and I believe it shouldn’t be a problem for him when coming back from the US. He doesn’t know if he needs to get a US visa to go there. Where can I get information about that, so I can direct him? Thank you very much for your help in advance.” Monica - Vancouver


Hi Monica, thank you for your question! It is very common for international students to visit the US during their stay in Canada. Some of them require a longer process (depends on their nationality and their visa status), so it is better to research earlier.

Because he is not Canadian, he needs to contact the consulate of his home country. Most of the consulates are located in Vancouver (glad to be in a big city!). He can either go to the office directly or phone them. I couldn’t get information about his nationality from your e-mail. I will give you a list of consulates located in Vancouver. If his country is not listed below, he can still look it up in the YellowPages or through Google. I hope this information will help both you and your student.

Consulate General of Mexico – Vancouver

Vancouver Consulate General of Japan

Korean Consulate General in Vancouver

Royal Thai Consulate General

Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver

Consulate General of Italy in Vancouver

Consulate General of France

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments:
Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

Term papers
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com