Dear Ai - Good advice for ESL Students. Do you have a question about learning English? Why not ask "Dear Ai"? <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What ESL books do you recommend? 

Related Link:

“Dear Ai,
I am a new ESL tutor, looking for adult ESL books for my students. Do you have any recommendations? Paul – Vancouver

“Hi Paul, thank you for your e-mail. Because we have many ESL students in town, you can find ESL sections in any bookstore! However, it is difficult to choose the best one. Before I go to a bookstore, I visit Kenneth’s website and esl-lounge to see what books they recommend. Kenneth’s “Top 5 Teaching Adults English Materials” (http://esl.about.com/od/esleflteachingtechnique/tp/teach_adults.htm) is an excellent place to start. Esl-lounge (http://www.esl-lounge.com/eslbooks.shtml) divides ESL books to different categories and I am sure you can find books you need for your students.

If you have time, visit unique local bookstores for ESL books.
Sofia Books (http://www.sophiabooks.com/) specializes in language. You can find books from Japanese to German. They also have an excellent collection of adult ESL materials. Vancouver Community College Bookstore (http://www.vcc.ca/bookstore/) has both new and used ESL textbooks.”

Labels:


Write to "Dear Ai" at aiuchiyama@hotmail.com
|

Comments:
Dear Ai,

How can I ask you a question? If I ask here in the comments, is that okay?

I have been working as an English teacher at a high school in Japan for nearly a year now, however, I still feel unqualified.

I have been looking at a number of TEFL certifications and programs. Including this one in Vancouver. I would like to study somewhere where I can also continue speaking the Japanese I have learned.

Although I am from the USA, I admire Vancouver because it is a great city that is trying to be truly multicultural.

Also, do you know any immigration snags I would run into as an American studying in Canada?

Thank you so much!
 
Also check out "Speak English Like an American". I have had good success with this title in an adult ESL classroom.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment
links to this post

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


© 2005 Ai Uchiyama

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com